Dentist NYC, Dentists New York, Dental Office NY, Dental Hygiene New York City
- Our Practice
- Media & Press
- Before & After Gallery
- Appointment Request
- Prevention & Maintenance
Dental Hygiene New York
At SmilesNY, we pride ourselves on delivering the best that restorative and cosmetic dentistry have to offer. We are committed to preserving and maintaining your dental health Steven E. Roth D.M.D., Timonthy Chase, D.M.D., and Kenneth Jackier D.M.D., provide the highest level of care, using the most advanced general dentistry treatments and techniques available.
Why is Dental Hygiene important?
Your dental health is an indicator of your overall general health. Healthy dental hygiene habits, like proper brushing and flossing and regular dentist visits, are the best ways to prevent major dental problems with your teeth and periodontal gum disease. Recent studies have linked oral health issues to systemic diseases such as coronary artery disease, premature birth, low birth weight, and complications with diabetes.
What is included in a Dental Hygiene check-up?
Each of our dental hygienists are highly trained and licensed to perform comprehensive, individualized oral exams in New York City. At every visit, a member of our dental hygienist team will:
- Review and update your medical history
- Perform a thorough gum pocket check – 6 points per tooth
- Take all necessary digital X-rays
- Take updated digital photos
- Perform comprehensive scaling and root planing both above and below your gum line
- Polish your teeth with air and prophy paste – special care will be given to cosmetic restorations
- Perform a tooth by tooth video camera check
- Clean your teeth
- Irrigate your gums with medicine if needed
- Apply fluoride if needed
- Review and update oral hygiene instruction
- Check for TMJ and bite problems
- Give Zoom!® Whitening boosts
You will also have a thorough examination of your teeth, bone structure around the teeth, oral cancer screening, and a TMJ evaluation performed by Steven E. Roth D.M.D., Timonthy Chase, D.M.D., and Kenneth Jackier D.M.D.
How can I learn more about Dental Hygiene?
To schedule a dental hygiene visit in NYC, please contact SmilesNY at 212.752.6537 or schedule a consultation online in our Manhattan dental practice.